CREATIIVE CHALLENGE #4:
CREATE YOUR OWN PICTURE BOOK
1. Choose a piece of your writing.
2. Choose a way to make your book (from store-bought kits to stapled pages, from scrapbook supplies to covers made from cereal boxes).
3. Make your book layout.
4. Place copy on pages (type it, handwrite it . . . it’s your book, do what you want!)
5. Illustrate it (cut pictures from magazines, draw line people, download clipart, cut up greetings cards, use photos. Don’t worry about being an artist, be a creative person!)
6. Share your book with others. Show and read the book to family, friends, your critique group, and others. (Trust me, they will recognize your genius!)
7. Post your finished products on PICTURE THIS! Take pictures, tell us about your experience, ask questions, share advice.