Week of April 10—Creative Challenge #3—Cupcake Wars!
CREATIVE CHALLENGE #3—CUPCAKE WARS!
Ok, you bakers, snackers, and wonderful picture book writers, it’s time for our latest creative challenge. I am a television food challenge junky. I just love seeing what people create when the creative gauntlet is thrown down and the clock starts ticking. One of my favorite shows is CUPCAKE WARS. Whoever dreamed you could make 1,000 cupcakes of four different varieties AND build a humongous display in one hour? Well any picture book writer can tell you that what we do every day seems just as daunting (if not quite as delicious). So let’s combine our world of writing with the culinary world’s cupcake wars.
THE CHALLENGE (choose from the list below)
1. Write a description of the best cupcake in the world.
2. Create a cupcake story.
3. Make a cupcake menu with descriptions of all your favorites.
4. Adapt a cupcake recipe to make it into a concept book for measuring, colors, tastes, number, etc.
5. Scrapbook your favorite pictures and recipes of cupcakes.
6. Write a poem on a cupcake wrapper.
7. Bake a batch of cupcakes and ice them like there’s no tomorrow.
8. Make a trip to your favorite bakery, buy a cupcake, and write about the experience in your writing journal.
9. Draw, paint, or collage a cupcake.
10. Use a cupcake tin to separate the supplies in your office desk.
11. Or let cupcakes inspire you to create anything else you choose.
ENTER THE WAR AND SHARE (choose from the list below)
1. Post on this site about your experience.
2. Add a picture of your creations.
3. Share that cupcake recipe.
4. Or share in any other way you choose.
Check back to the blog each day for a cupcake-to-picture book photo. Guaranteed to provide a daily delicious laugh!