Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Latest

Have you ever seen the carnival act where someone spins plates on top of long sticks? The performer gets four or five plates spinning and then has to run down to the first one to get it going again, then start a new spinning plate, and then attend to the second plate which is faltering, and on and on.

I am spinning with projects this weekend. I'm putting the finishing touches on Saturday writing camp (three consecutive Saturdays). The camp is called Wonka Writing Factory and 50+ of our 72 fourth graders will attend. We are fifteen school days away from our state writing assessment. (Have I said lately how much I despise writing assessments?) The teachers and students at my school are feeling the pressure--ok, so am I! On top of that, I'm trying to polish a manuscript that has been requested by an agent.

Picture This! will focus on details this week--sensory details, attributes, and specific details. I need to learn more about each of these topics, so I hope you'll come along for the ride!

Rob

No comments: