Saturday, December 1, 2012


WHAT A DAY!


Here I am autographing book after book at the Barnes & Noble, South Tampa store (home of my PB&J critique group). We sold out of books and I ended up signing twenty-eight book plates for books that were ordered.


This is a cool fifth grader named Taylor. Taylor is an almost-black belt in Karate, loves science, and is an avid writer. We met at his elementary school last year when I led a writing camp for kids. His dad brought Taylor to the signing today. Who says older kids don’t read picture books?!


Here I am with my ole teaching pal, Lori Ritenor. Lori and I taught together six or seven years ago when we both first moved to Tampa. Lori was one of the many writing, teaching, and SCBWI friends that stopped by today.

To top it all off, the Barnes & Noble store has declared this week COWBOY CHRISTMAS WEEK and the employees will be dressing in cowboy gear and wearing pins featuring the book all week long. Much thanks to Beth Gaffney, Customer Relations Manager!



2 comments:

Romelle Broas said...

What a day, indeed. That is a successful book signing. Nice to meet your pals. Looks like Taylor has a bright future ahead of him in writing. ~Yee-haw!

Lynn R. Moses said...

Congratulations Rob. So excited for you and Cowboy Christmas! I hope I will be doing a book signing someday. Thanks again for the critique-so helpful. Best wishes on your continued success.