Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coming This Week!


Week of January 30—Creative Challenge #1
Quote of the week: Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful or to discover something that is true. 
--William Ralph Inge

Several years ago, when I was editorial group manager for a non-profit publisher, I hosted a Creative Consortium. We met monthly and threw out creative challenges to one another. Then the following month we would bring back our creations to share and critique. It was a wonderful, mind-expanding activity.

Every few weeks on PICTURE THIS! I’m going to throw out a creative challenge. Each challenge is intended to stretch our minds, help us think in new ways, and lead us on a search for inspiration. Occasionally, the challenges will be writing related, but not always. Why? In the dark recesses of our brains there lie wonderful, untapped resources. It’s our job to tap into those wells of wonder to grow creatively and to grow as writers. During the challenge period (one week), I’ll post submissions from followers. Are you game? Come on, take a leap! Let’s create!

2 comments:

Christie Wright Wild said...

I found your blog through your comment on Facebook. I wanted to comment on your December post, but there was no comment section under the post. :(

Rob Sanders said...

So glad you found my blog, Christie! There are a few bugs and glitches being worked out....I'll see if I can get some post-ability on past blogs.